SHOW- Symposium on Hepatic Oncology at Whistler
Thank you for your interest in SHOW 2017! This year’s conference is shaping up to be an exciting exploration of multidisciplinary cancer care. We are truly honored to have a world renowned faculty representing all facets of Hepaticopancreaticobiliary Oncology participate in this year’s proceeding, with an emphasis on day to day clinical management.
To keep the topics fresh and exciting, we have built on the previous format, with more topic-based panels and our signature ‘SHOW case based expert panels’, each designed to simulate case based discussions. The opening day will feature a ‘10,000 foot view’ introduction of liver-directed therapies from the perspectives of trial interpretation/design, technology platforms, and industry.
This year, we have expanded our areas to include hot topics in Gastric Cancer, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Disease, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, and metastatic Colorectal Carcinoma. We will highlight innovations, updates and controversies in the context of multidisciplinary care, with an emphasis on cross specialty knowledge translation.
As always, the main objective of SHOW is to present practical perspectives on the treatment of HPB related cancer cancers in the setting of community-based practice. Drs Hansen (HPB), Kennedy (Rad Onc), Lam (Med Onc) and Liu (IR) are once again co-chairing this years meeting, with Dr Sean Cleary participating in the organizing committee. In this way, we are representing specialties involved in liver-directed cancer care to facilitate cross-specialty dialogue through case-based review, lectures and active audience participation. Our faculty consists of internationally recognized representatives from medical oncology, surgical oncology, hepatobiliary surgery, interventional radiology, radiology and radiation oncology who have embraced and incorporated multidisciplinary care into their daily practices.
We sincerely hope that you consider joining us at SHOW 2017. SHOW will be held at the Chateau Fairmont Whistler, offering premier facilities, special conference room rates, and one of the most scenic alpine destinations in the world.
AMA PRE Category 1, and RCPSC Category 1 credits will be available.
Registration is limited to 250 and early bird discounts are in effect until December 10, 2014
David Liu, MD
On behalf on the Planning Committee
David Liu, MD (Vancouver, BC)
Wendy Lam, MD (Burnaby, BC)
Paul Hansen, MD (Portland, OR)
Andrew Kennedy, MD (Nashville, TN)
Physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and trainees with a scope of practice that involves management of both primary and hepatic neoplasia. Topics and themes will focus on practical and community-based practice.
- Establish principles of liver-directed locoregional therapy in the setting of gastric cancer, pancreatic neuroendocrine disease, hepatocellular carcinoma and metastatic colorectal carcinoma.
- Review evidence base for systemic, surgical, ablative and embolic strategies in liver-directed therapies in HCC mCRC pNET and gastic cancer.
- Provide context for locoregional therapy as it relates to the timing of systemic therapies.
- Engage in case-based panels that exemplify the role of multidisciplinary board review
- Demonstrate the synergies and optimization of therapeutic options in the treatment of both primary and metastatic liver cancer
- Create a forum for open discussion and cross disciplinary knowledge translation
- Assess recent advances in systemic treatment of gastric cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, pancreatic neuroendocrine disease, and colorectal cancer
- Facilitate direct discussion and interaction with world recognized disease experts